Thursday, October 23, 2008

The World Rights Itself

Last week it seemed as if everything was upside down in the NFL. This week, things seemed to take a more familiar feel - with several notable exceptions. The friggin Colts were one of the major exceptions to the rule this week, and I learned a valuable lesson...

Just Win Baby - Ugly or Not!

After blowing 4th quarter leads in 3 of 5 games, the Raiders found themselves with a stellar opportunity to repeat this 5 year long obsession with suckiness on Sunday. I am sorry that I did not have my phone with me during the game because a work colleague and fellow intelligent Raider fan was texting me about all the ways that we were going to lose the game. His premonitions about prevent victory defense, lame offense, penalties, and the like were all spot on. The Raiders played to form all the way! Let's review:

- 3 offside penalties in a row
- 4 false starts BY ONE GUY
- Dropped interception that hits you in the numbers (1st rnd bust Huff)
- Ineffective offense
- Stupid coaching that calls a time out as the opposing kicker misses the kick that sends it to OT

If that was not enough, the Raiders lost the flip in OT, but Brett Favre was not able to muster his magic from the night his dad died. Sorry, Brett - tossing up junk can't get you to the promised land every time! NY had this fantasy offense that they thought would rule the day, but did you notice that no balls went deep that were caught by Jets? their only deep ball was caught by DeAngelo Hall! Nnamdi Asomough has had like 8 passes thrown his was ALL SEASON! He may not make the pro bowl because there are no highlights because he is TOO GOOD!

Anyway, my favorite part was the 2 sacks put up by rookie Trevor Scott. He made some awesome moves from the outside - looking good. If the Raiders had an actual offense we might be halfway good!

Chargers Return To Form

I know that I have a few Charger fans that read this blog, primarily out of morbid curiosity. Even these fans are wondering - are we for real? Is all the sunshine that Nick Canepa blew up our ass this summer true? It seems it is not. 7 games in and less than one full game ahead of the Raiders - P U ! After looking good against a New England team that was out of sorts (based on Monday's performance), they sucked hard in Buffalo. Let me remind you short memory'd Charger fans that the Raiders also went to Buffalo this year and lost at the last second on a field goal. We led for 59:59 - hmmm...

I am wondering when the rest of you Charger fans will come to accept what I have been telling you here for nearly a year - LT is OVER! If any of you can point to a game where he gained over 50 yards in the first half, I would like to hear about it. He is over the hill, done, over. The whole toe thing is him just milking his contract and the Dolts front office trying to keep seat sales up. One little injury to Rivers and the Charger offense is gone....


I hate Mannings

I wisely put 16 on the Bills, but foolishly put 15 on the shoulders of one Peyton "I love Skants" Manning. It is hard to overestimate my hatred for him because even though I have heaped disdain for him on many occasions in these fair columns, he still plagues me. As soon as I am confident that he is done and gone and stop betting on him, he prospers. Now, after a few weeks of betting against him, he rolls in to Brett-less Green Bay and lays an egg. Fu@#&ck him!

Beers

I am a little upset at Anheuser Busch these days. For months they have done this tease for the new Bud American Ale. Today I even saw a "Coming Soon" sticker at the local 7-11. What the fuck is this? If you want to sell me a beer, give me the beer! Let me drink it! I can understand marketing a movie that people will only go to see once and you want them all there on Opening Night in this way, but if you are looking for me to drink 10 or 20 of these a week, you are just pissing me off by saying that you will have this great beer for me in September but make me wait 6 or 8 weeks more to try it! At this point I am sufficiently pissed to say that this beer sucks no matter what!

Beer drinkers may not be exclusively male, but the vast majority don't want tease ads unless there are strippers involved.

No comments: